tattoos

Wednesday, December 24, 2008


DownloadSquad   Download Squad
Download Squad

Grab your BFG and play Doom in your browser - Time Waster

By Lee Mathews on vintage

Filed under: , , , ,


This one really takes me back. As soon as I saw the opening screen, I could picture a dozen people crammed into my dorm room watching my roommate and I deathmatch over our awesome null modem cable.

Yes, Doom 1 has been recompiled in Flash from the original source. It plays just like I remembered the original, and could definitely become a giant Time Waster for anyone else who was hooked on Doom when it was first released.

Playing through a few levels almost made me forget how terrible the movie was (sorry, Dwayne).

There's no music, but I usually had that shut off and listened to my Discman. All the old cheat codes work as well: in case you've forgotten, IDDQD activates "degreelessness" and IDKFA will enable all weapons, keys, and ammo, and boost your armor to 200%. Not that I'm saying you'll need to cheat, but when you remember something like that after 14 years, you give it a try to see if it still works.

You'll need Flash 10 to play, and a non-PowerPC computer to run it.

By the way: if you also enjoyed Heretic (think Medieval Doom with a crossbow), you can find an updated Shockwave version of it on this site.

Thanks, Blake!

Grab your BFG and play Doom in your browser - Time Waster originally appeared on Download Squad on Tue, 23 Dec 2008 11:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Blogger