tattoos

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Olbermann, in the middle of a four-year $30 million deal set to last until 2012, announced on last night's edition of Countdown that it was his last.

The dismissal is said to be at least indirectly related to Comcast's acquiring of NBC and the parent company's distaste for his defiance and attitude.

Here's Olberman signing off for the final time last night ...

MSNBC issued a vague, unemotional statement saying it ended its contract with Olbermann, who hosted the top rated show on the network.

The statement read in part, "MSNBC thanks Keith for his integral role in MSNBC's success and we wish him well in his future endeavors." Nice.

Olberman was suspended briefly a few months ago in light of some political donations the host made, but no one saw this swift exit coming.

Executives have said tensions between Olbermann and the network, which were palpable to begin with, have been running high since then.

Neither side has offered a formal explanation, but the network said 10 p.m. host Lawrence O'Donnell would move into Keith's slot Monday.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Blogger